UTPB Police Department's Policy for Lost and Found
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin maintains a secure facility for Lost and Found items which are turned into the police department’s front window. The following is the Department’s policy on Lost and Found items:
- Unclaimed items are maintained at the Police Department for a period of seven (7) days. After the initial 7 days, unclaimed property is turned over to the UT – Permian Basin Property manager (Central Stores Supervisor).
- Unclaimed property will be held at the Central Store Location for a period of sixty (60) days. All personal property which remains unclaimed at the expiration of sixty (60) days shall be deemed to be “abandoned” and may be sold.
- UT- Permian Basin Police department does not accept clothing, including coats and jackets.
- Food and drink containers are not accepted either
- Data sensitive materials are destroyed if unclaimed so to prevent unauthorized use of confidential information.
Should you have questions about Lost and Found items, please contact the Police Department at 432-552-2786. Please be as specific as possible when describing items you my lost.
Items maintained in Lost and Found include:
- Books, notebooks, and planners
- Sunglasses, prescription eyewear
- Cell Phones
- Radios / iPods
- Computer Equipment
- Other Miscellaneous items
Contact UTPB PD for further information at 432-552-2786.